Find answers to commonly asked questions below.
1. I'm thinking of opening a business, how can the Chamber help me get started?
We encourage you to start with a free session with a SCORE consultant, right here at our chamber office. Retired business owners and executives from a cross section of businesses and organizations can assist you with mentoring, business plans or just answer questions.
For additional assistance depending on the nature of your business, also contact our Herkimer County IDA and the Mohawk Valley Economic Development District office.
2. I'd like to reach more customers to grow my business. How can the Chamber help?
We encourage you to advertise in our newsletter, print and/or online versions. You can now advertise on the homepage of our website as well. Depending on the nature of your business, we also offer co-op advertising in tourism publications periodically throughout the year.
3. Our business would like to host a business after hours event or a ribbon cutting to announce new services? How do we get started?
The Chamber is happy to help with the planning and on the day of the event. We will call the media for you and help arrange everything.
4. I'm already an established business, why should I join the Chamber?
Customers trust a business that has invested in the Chamber. You are invited to all of our events. Business After Hours are a great way to network and meet new business clients. We will distribute your brochures. We offer a variety of health insurance. Members can use our state of the art board room for meeting with clients or office seminars. All our educational seminars are free to chamber members. Your business will receive a listing on our web site and phone app. The chamber always encourages member to member business. More benefits listed here.
5. I have a business issue, can you connect me with our local, state or federal representatives?
Absolutely, we facilitate this process and will help with follow up as well.
6. We are thinking about relocating to Herkimer County. Can you provide us with information on schools, hospitals and realtors?
Just call the office and we can answer your questions. There's plenty of information on our website under Relocate as well. We can mail you an information packet if you would like.
7. Where is a good place to stay and a good place to eat in the area?
The Chamber always looks to recommend our chamber members first when inquiries come our way.